Hippie Flower Power!

Hippie Flower Power In light of Spring, I decided to do little flowers.  The color palette ended up looking sorta hippie-ish. For some reason, it reminds of tie-dye or Hawaiian shirts.  I don't know, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me because I'm trying to get rid of all this work on my desk while posting.  Woops, did I just say I was at work?  lols  It's actually the only decent time I have to post because I didn't finish this manicure until almost 1am last night.  It took a little bit longer cause of the different colors I used, totaling 6!  The base is Rimmel's Wild Orchid, and the pink dots I used Icing's 80s Prom Queen.  As for the flowers, the red one is China Glaze's Traffic Jam, the gray one is China Glaze's Peri-Wink-Le and the blue one is Icing's Cote D'azur. As for the yellow dots, I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow.  I noticed I do a lot of dots, I already decided on what to do as my next mani and it also has to do with dots.  Maybe I should just do a plain swatch post lols.  

1 coat SHHD
2 coats Wild Orchid
Flowers - Traffic Jam, Peri-Wink-Le, Cote D'azur and Mellow Yellow
Dots - 80s Prom Queen
1 coat SV

16 comments:

I love reading comments! Each and every one is much appreciated and I will respond to all, even if it's a small little thank you!!
  1. Beautiful! It's so clear and perfect- I'm terrible with nail art, I could never get this design so crisp. Love the colour combo, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's actually very easy, just use a dotting tool! I'm not good at nail art either but dotting is really easy!

      Delete
    2. I have yet to pick up a dotting tool- and I'm still impressed with your abilities! This looks like it would be difficult to achieve... I guess I should try nail art with a dotting tool sometime soon!

      Delete
    3. I actually don't have a dotting tool either but I would either use a bobby pin or cut the stem of an incense and use that! lols I used the incense this time cause I was tired of pulling my bobby pins apart lols

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! I don't get Hawaiian shirt at all. The tones of these colours all go together so well. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? lols Maybe I needed some caffeine lol Thank you though!

      Delete
  3. I love the flowers! :) It's really a great look to jump into spring with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been unusually warm these past few days too!

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful mani and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spring mani! I love those flowers and they look great over Wild Orchid! Hooray for dotting! I need to practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm obsessed with dotting!

      Delete